"Art is not what you see, but what you make others see." - Edgar Degas
submit your artwork to artspeaks
We welcome submissions from established painters or photographers, and emerging artists. You are invited to be part of the dialogue by submitting your piece(s) to be displayed at ArtSpeaks. An independent professional from the Ottawa art community will curate the final selection of art for the event.
Please include in your email submission:
Your contact information
A brief response to these questions: What does art mean to you? Why do you create?
Up to 5 Digital Images in JPEG format
List of title, medium, size and proposed selling price for all images submitted
If accepted, selected piece will be exhibited at ArtSpeaks on October 20. We are open to all types of art submissions, but accepted paintings and photographs should be framed. Artist is responsible for transportation of all artwork to and from Shepherds of Good Hope. If work must be shipped, artist is responsible for packaging and shipping expenses. If special installation is required, exhibiting artists are responsible for installing their work at the Jean Pigott Hall on the day of the event. Art that is not sold during the event will be returned to the artist.
Artists can receive up to 60% of proceeds from their artwork sales at ArtSpeaks, with the remaining 40% being retained by Shepherds of Good Hope. Artists may choose to donate full proceeds of their sales to Shepherds of Good Hope at their own discretion.
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.